CHEB / EGER
שלט הנצחה לזכר קורבנות השואה ובית הכנסת שנשרף
A memorial plaque burned synagogues and Holocaust victims
Obrněné brigády Str.
The synagogue was burned during the Crystal night the 10th of November 1938. City then made from this place the water tank for firefighters. In the eighties, the high school was built. In its place, in 2003, thanks to the intervention of the historian who worked there – they unveiled a commemorative plaque.
בית הקברות היהודי
The Jewish cemetery
direction of exit from the city to Háje, the street of Liberation
(before the bridge on the right side). The cemetery was founded in
the year 1872 and abolished after the year 1960. In his place, the
city built a gardening settlement. None of tombstones is preserved.
It is not known where it ended. In Cheb there were three Jewish
cemeteries, the first existed in the year 1418, the second founded
after the year 1417 and abolished in the late 15th
שלט ההנצחה בבית שנולד בו הפסנתרן רודולף סרקין
A memorial plaque on the native house pianist Rudolf Serkin
commemorative plaque on the native houses of pianist Rudolf
The square ´Namesti krale Jiriho z Podebrad 28´. Opposite the Old Town Hall about Serkin.
המצבות מבית הקברות היהודי של ימי הביניים ושלט ההנצחה לזכר הרב מאייר
Medieval gravestones from Jewish cemetery board and Rabbi Mayer
Muzem in Cheb, náměstí Kr. Jiřího z Poděbrad 4
tombstones from the already existent first Jewish cemetery.
Text on the board (translated from Hebrew):
“Our teacher and master Meir, a son of Joseph, the righteous priest, let his light shine, took care (directly and indirectly) from” strong “[= 100] until the 107, to acquire scrolls for community, gaining resources for bounded place for God’s house itself and through its messengers. “